Parliament’s Health and Social Care Committee has asked for written submissions as the first part of a wider inquiry into the impact of drugs policy on public health, and is seeking evidence on the usage of medicinal cannabis.
The Committee is inviting written submissions answering the following:
- What does the current evidence base tell us about the efficacy of medicinal cannabis?
- What plans are there for research into the medicinal use of cannabis, and what challenges are faced by that research?
- How suitable are the current procedures for enabling the use of medicinal cannabis in appropriate cases?
- Do practitioners have the knowledge and products available to them to confidently prescribe medicinal cannabis?
- Is the current guidance around prescribing CDMPs fit for purpose?
- What can we learn from the legalisation of medicinal cannabis and its practical implementation in other countries?
- Have recent changes in the scheduling and availability of CDMP, and media attention around this, affected public opinion and behaviours in the UK?
As we know only too well, the current procedures for prescribing cannabis medicine are far from adequate. This is an opportunity to make an impact on drugs policy – send a written submission to make your voice heard! The deadline is 8 February.Follow the UKCSC on social media: Facebook – Instagram – Twitter – Reddit